At Prior Park College we believe that we can provide the level of support and encouragement to help scholars to develop their talents further and will ensure that a scholarship pupil has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING SCHOLARSHIPS AT 11+, 13+ AND 16+
- Academic Scholarships
- Special Talent Scholarships: Visual Arts, D&T, Drama, Music, Sport
Applicants can apply for up to two Special Talent Scholarships but can only hold one - if an applicant is offered both, they must decide which scholarship would best suit their needs and aspirations.
Further details regarding each scholarship can be found in our Scholarships Booklet, downloadable from this page.
Students can hold an Academic Scholarship and one Special Talent Scholarship concurrently.
Scholarships will be reviewed throughout an award holder's time at the College and, whilst it is unusual for an award to be removed, a significant decline in commitment or behaviour by the student may result in the loss of the scholarship.
The continuation of the scholarship is also subject to a formal review:
Academic Scholarships will be reviewed at 16+
Special Talent Scholarships will be reviewed at 13+ and 16+
Scholarships relate to both potential and attainment and are up to the value of 10% of tuition fees for the first scholarship. Any additional scholarship award is in name only. Scholarships are awarded on merit and are independent of parental financial circumstances. Means tested Bursaries can be added to scholarships.
HOW TO APPLY
- All scholarship applicants should be registered with the College and will have paid the registration fee. There is no additional fee for applying for a scholarship.
- A relevant Scholarship Application From should be completed and received by the Admissions dept by the advertised closing date.
- Additional supporting reports are also required and should be sent to the Admissions dept with the Scholarship Application Form.
- The selection criteria for each scholarship is set out in our Scholarship Booklet.
- Academic Scholarships will be based upon a very strong or promising performance in our entrance tests and interviews.
- Applicants for Special Talent Scholarships must meet our normal academic entry requirements.
- Suitable applicants will be invited to an Assessment Day at the College.
The Head's decision on all awards is final.
Download our Scholarship Booklet for further details.
ADMISSION DATES FOR 2022 ENTRY
-Taster Day: Tuesday 12 October 2021
-Special Talent Scholarship Assessments: 6* & 9 December 2021
-Entrance Exams: Friday 14 January 2022
Closing date for registrations: 1 December 2021
*ND: amended from 7 December
-Taster Day: contact Admissions for information
-Special Talent Scholarship Assessments: 25-27 January 2022
-Entrance and Academic Scholarship Examinations: w/c 31 January 2022
Closing date for registrations: 14 January 2022
-Taster Day: 8 October 2021
-Interviews and Academic Scholarship Assessments: 8 November 2021
-Special Talent Scholarship Assessments: 9 November 2021
Closing date for registrations: 3 November 2021