We welcome your interest in Prior Park College. Our goal is to ensure the admissions process is as smooth and transparent as possible.
Here is a summary of our Admissions Process:
- Please contact the College to make an initial enquiry, by phone: +44 (0)1225 835353 or email: email@example.com We will discuss your child’s interests, current schooling and year of entry to the College.
- A follow up visit on one of our Open Days is recommended or, if these dates are not convenient, a private visit can be arranged.
- Applications should be made by completing the Registration Form and returning it with the non-refundable registration fee, before the deadline date.
- Entrance and scholarship examinations are obligatory and we will contact your child’s current school for a report.
- For Sixth Form entry, we obtain predicted GCSE grades from the child's current school.
- All candidates are interviewed by the Headmaster (or Head of EAL for international students) before a final decision is reached and an offer of a place is communicated.
- The Headmaster makes a decision and the offer of a place will be communicated to parents.
- Parents are asked to return an Acceptance Form and deposit. The offer of a place cannot be guaranteed beyond the deadline date of acceptance of offers.
Our aim is to admit students with academic and other qualities such that the child would gain the maximum benefit from the opportunities available at the Prior Park Schools, whilst maintaining a balance between day and boarding students, boys and girls. In the event of there being more applications than places available, places will be offered in accordance with the following criteria (listed alphabetically);
- academic ability & school report or an informal teaching assessment
- adherence to the vision and values of Prior Park Schools
- attitudinal interviews
- class size & size of the school roll
- extra-curricular interests & other talents
- other factors – including whether the child has a parent who teaches in one of our schools
- previous attendance at The Paragon (for entry to Prior Park College)
- siblings* at another Prior Park School
- whether the family are Roman Catholics or other Christian denominations
* A child is a sibling if they are a full or half-brother or sister, an adoptive brother or sister or if they are children of the same household – although this does not guarantee entrance.
Parents must disclose any particular known or suspected circumstances relating to their child’s health, allergies, learning difficulties or disabilities during the admissions process.
Full details of our Admissions Policy and Privacy Notices can be found on our School Policies page.
Approximately 18% of our total roll are international students. Details of our International Admissions Process and International Student Registration Form can be found here.
Prior Park offers a range of scholarships to talented students at 11+, 13+ and 16+. Applicants are encouraged to consult the Head teacher of their primary, preparatory or senior school about the suitability of their son or daughter for such an award. Additional supporting reports from teachers or coaches are most helpful.
So that we can broaden access to our schools, the College is able to offer financial support to eligible families through Bursary Awards. Means tested bursaries may be granted in addition to scholarships. Applications for a bursary must be completed before the offer of a place at the school. For further details, please speak with our Registrar.
You can refer to the downloads below for further information or contact Admissions.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Mrs Vicki Quinn, Registrar
Mrs Sally Fanning, Admissions Secretary (International students)
Mrs Analese Sigournay, Admissions Secretary (UK students)
ADMISSION DATES FOR 2024 ENTRY
Taster Day:Tuesday 10 October 2023 (Individual taster days can also be arranged)
Special Talent Scholarship Assessments: Sport - Monday 4 December 2023
Art, D&T, Drama, Music - Tuesday 5 and Thursday 7 December 2023
HM interviews: Wednesday 10 and Thursday 11 January 2024
Entrance Exams: Friday 19 January 2024
Closing date for registrations: Monday 27 November 2023
Taster Day: Contact Admissions to arrange
Special Talent Scholarship Assessments:
Sport - Monday 22 January 2024
Art, D&T, Drama, Music - Tuesday 23 and Thursday 25 January 2024
Entrance and Academic Scholarship examinations: w/c Monday 29 January 2024
Closing date for registrations: Friday 12 January 2024
Taster Day: Friday 13 October 2023
Interviews & Academic Scholarship Assessments: Monday 6 November 2023
Special Talent Scholarship Assessments: Tuesday 7 November 2023
Closing date for registrations: Wednesday 1 November 2023