We welcome your interest in Prior Park College. Our goal is to ensure the admissions process is as smooth and transparent as possible.
Here is a summary of our Admissions Process:
- Please contact the College to make an initial enquiry, by phone: +44 (0)1225 831000 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org We will discuss your child’s interests, current schooling and year of entry to the College.
- A follow up visit on one of our Open Days is recommended or, if these dates are not convenient, a private visit can be arranged.
- Applications should be made by completing the Registration Form and returning it with the non-refundable registration fee, before the deadline date.
- Entrance and scholarship examinations are obligatory and we will contact your child’s current school for a report.
- For Sixth Form entry, we obtain predicted GCSE grades from the child's current school.
- All candidates are interviewed by the Headmaster (or Head of EAL for international students) before a final decision is reached and an offer of a place is communicated.
- The Headmaster makes a decision and the offer of a place will be communicated to parents.
- Parents are asked to return an Acceptance Form and deposit. The offer of a place cannot be guaranteed beyond the deadline date of acceptance of offers.
Our aim is to admit pupils with academic or other qualities, who will gain the most benefit from the opportunities on offer at Prior Park, whilst maintaining a balance across the school – boys to girls, day to boarding. In the event of there being more applications than places available, places will be offered in accordance with the following criteria, the weighting of these criteria may vary:
- academic ability and school report or an informal teaching assessment
- extra-curricular interests and other talents
- whether the family are Roman Catholics or other Christians
- siblings* at Prior Park College or other schools within Prior Park Schools
- previous attendance at The Paragon or Prior Park School Gibraltar
- class size and size of the school roll
- other factors
* A child is a sibling if they are a full or half-brother or sister, they are an adoptive brother or sister, if they are children of the same household.
Full details of our Admissions Policy and Privacy Notices can be found on our School Policies page.
Prior Park offers a range of scholarships to talented students at 11+, 13+ and 16+. Applicants are encouraged to consult the Head teacher of their primary, preparatory or senior school about the suitability of their son or daughter for such an award. Additional supporting reports from teachers or coaches are most helpful.
So that we can broaden access to our schools, the College is able to offer financial support to eligible families through Bursary Awards. Means tested bursaries may be granted in addition to scholarships. For further details, please speak with our Registrar.
You can refer to the downloads below for further information or contact Admissions.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Mrs Vicki Quinn, Registrar
Mrs Sally Fanning, Admissions Secretary (international students)
Mrs Analese Sigournay, Admissions Secretary (UK students)
LIFE at Prior - watch our video
ADMISSION DATES FOR 2021 ENTRY
Art/Drama/DT/Music Scholarship Assessments: Thursday 10 December 2020
Entrance Exams: Friday 22 January 2021
Sports Scholarship Assessments: Tuesday 12 January 2021
Art/Drama/DT/Music Scholarship Assessments: Thursday 14 January 2021
Academic Scholarship Examinations & Entrance Examinations: Friday 29 January 2021