Prior Park pupils are committed to a wide range of community projects. A summary of projects that our Sixth Formers are involved in can be found on the Sixth Form Social Responsibility page. As a whole community, we also share an awareness for the environment, and have formed Eco-Prior which pledges the following:
Prior Park Ten Green Commitments:
- To protect God’s creation: the air, water, land, animals, birds, and fish
- To promote sustainable growth in the world
- To respect your neighbours and local environment
- To reduce waste
- To promote fair trade and equality
- To reduce pollution
- To protect the right to clean air, land, water, and food.
- To save and conserve the planets resources
- To promote mutual respect and justice for all peoples, free from any form of discrimination or bias.
- To protect life
Fundraising for Charity
Here at Prior Park College as with our other schools we are committed to making a difference within our community to those that are less fortunate than ourselves. Importantly it gives our students a chance to use their talents and skills for the good of others. We have a democratic process of selecting our charities, and for the academic year 2017/18 we are supporting 'Starlight', a charity that brightens the lives of seriously and terminally ill children. Our fundraising is led by a Charities Committee of 6th Form students who act as role models for the rest of school driving our fundraising forward. We look forward to another successful year ahead.