Bands! Orchestras! Choirs! Chamber Music! Jazz! Composers! Movie music!
Watch our Music at Prior video:
- Five choirs, including the Senior Chapel Choir (Mid-Somerset Festival Sacred Choral Champions), Junior Chapel Choir and 100-strong Choral Society
- Choral Society comprises over one fifth of the pupils performing major works such as Verdi Requiem and Handel Messia
- The Chapel Choir has toured the Czech Republic, Italy and the South of France with great success
- Instrumental music offers ensemble and solo work for pupils of a wide range of ability with pupils forming chamber strings, two orchestras, quartets, piano trios, Big Band, wind band and rock bands
- Bands - Concert Band, Big Band (Mid-Somerset Festival Class Champions), African Drums (Mid-Somerset Festival Class Champions), Wind Quintet, Sax Quartet, Chamber Strings
- Inter-House Junior and Senior music competitions
- Informal Lunchtime Recitals every Friday
JASON REBELLO SOUVENIR DOWNLOAD
International jazz and rock keyboard star, teacher and composer Jason Rebello has been Artist in Residence at Prior Park 2015-16. Here's a selection of tracks recorded here during his year, including live concert performances at the College by Prior students and Jason himself, studio recordings from Jason's own studio, performances on our fabulous Fazioli grand piano, band arrangements by Jason, and a full recording of Jason's THOU ART PRIOR: a major composition especially written for the College and its musicians, featuring the Choral Society, strings, brass, wind, jazz and rock soloists, premiered and recorded in the College Chapel on July 3-5 2015.
PRIOR PARK MUSICIANS CONTINUE TO FEATURE AMONG OUR LEADING YOUNG COMPOSERS
New Music in the South West runs competitions and workshops with professional ensembles, playing the new music of young composers right across the South West. In this short film, see how Prior Park composers taught by Director of Music Roland Robertson continue to play a leading role in the workshops, concerts and competitions of NMSW in 2015-16.