The International Admissions Process at Prior Park College
If you are a non-UK resident and would like your child to study at Prior Park College, the application process is as follows:-
• In the first instance, please contact our Registrar, Mrs Vicki Quinn, either via phone +44(0)1225 831000 or email email@example.com.
• Mrs Quinn, or her assistant, Mrs Sally Fanning, will be happy to answer any questions you may have about Prior Park College and, if a boarding space is available, will send you a Registration Form (you can also download one from this website page).
• You should submit the completed Registration Form along with the following:
£100 registration fee (bank details are on the reverse of the Registration Form).
Your child’s latest academic report.
Where applicable, details of the examinations already completed (iGCSE and GCSE) or to be completed.
A copy of your child’s passport (non-EU applicants).
• Based on the information above, a decision will be made as to whether to invite your child for interview. This interview can either be in person at Prior Park College or via Skype or WeChat from your home or the offices of an educational consultant. The interview will either be conducted by the Headmaster Mr James Murphy-O’Connor, or for those applicant’s whose first language is not English, by the Head of EAL, Mr Peter Stroud.
• Subject to a satisfactory interview, your child will then be required to sit Prior Park College entrance examinations in Maths and English as an Additional Language under supervised conditions. These can be sat at your child’s current school (if the school are happy to oversee this), in British Council offices or in the offices of an Educational Consultant. Alternatively, if the student has taken the UKiset test, we can assess for entry on their UKiset Student Profile Results and written essay sheets.
• We will also apply to the applicant’s current school for a reference.
• The Headmaster will then review the marked papers, school report, school reference and any additional supporting information with a view to making an unconditional offer of a place. An offer letter together with a copy of the Parental Contract and Acceptance Form will be sent from the Admissions Office – this can be used to help the visa process if your child is from outside the EEA.
• Your child’s place will be secured by returning the signed Acceptance Form together with the required deposit (£1,000 for EU citizens or a term’s fees for non-EU citizens).
• The deposit will be returned after the duration of your child’s tuition at Prior Park College.
• As a Tier 4 trusted sponsor, we will provide a Certificate of Acceptance to Study to enable Tier 4 entry to the UK once a place has been accepted at the school.