Prior Park Schools consists of Prior Park College (established in 1830), Prior Park Preparatory School (set up in 1946), The Paragon Junior School (which joined in 2006) and Prior Park School, Gibraltar (which opened in September 2016). All four schools share a Vision for 2020 which offers the highest standards of pastoral care, based on Catholic Christian values, and the highest quality of education which is both exciting and full of opportunities for the pupils.
The Mission Statement of Prior Park Schools:
- to provide Christian education, and specifically Catholic at the College and the Preparatory School, of the highest quality for a boarding and day co-educational community.
- to develop as fully as possible the academic and other talents of each boy and girl, to ensure an education of the whole person.
- to provide pastoral care of an encouraging, supportive and disciplined nature for each student.
- to create an outward-looking ethos which builds links with parents and the local community, and also celebrates the richness of cultures from around the world.
- to enable Leavers to be confident, capable, compassionate and independent-minded.
Our Vision derives from these principles:
- to continue to develop deeply rooted Catholic Christian values throughout our community - to offer a truly innovative and creative learning environment for all pupils (age 2–18) and to be a beacon of pastoral care and encouragement for our community
- to offer our pupils wonderful opportunities to develop their strengths through inspirational teaching and excellent facilities.
Our ethos is to care for our students so that they feel empowered to develop their talents in many different directions. We also want our students to be rooted in the Christian values of:
- contribution to others
- openness to God
Headmaster, Prior Park College
Principal, Prior Park Schools
Headmaster, Prior Park Preparatory School
Headmaster, The Paragon School
Headmaster, Prior Park School, Gibraltar