Formerly the home of Ralph Allen (1693 – 29 June 1764), the beautiful Mansion is at the core of the Prior Park community. Set within a 57 acre site overlooking the World Heritage City of Bath, the view from the Mansion to the Palladian Bridge in the landscaped gardens below, is truly inspiring. A well reputed and memorable place to attend school.
The Prior Park Estate was purchased in 1829 by Bishop Baines and in 1830 Prior Park College opened as a school for the first time. The school was originally run by the Clifton Diocese and then by the Christian Brothers but has been under lay management since 1980 and co-educational since 1982. The pupil body of 600 is one of the most successful Catholic independent boarding and day schools in the South West of England.
Former pupils of Prior Park can keep up to date with past graduate successes and Alumni events through the Alumni website. If you wish to support the ongoing upkeep of such an important historic building and teaching establishment then please visit our Development website.